The Writers' Lab
You have a great idea for a novel, a short story, a play, a film script. You’ve written the first few pages or even a couple of chapters. The idea is exciting and instinctively you know this is a story worth telling. Yet, you find yourself stuck. You read a couple of ‘how to’ books or a bunch of online articles with tips… but the road ahead remains dark.
If that’s you, then join The Writers’ Lab! It is a series of weekly workshops designed to help you
• test an idea and create a roadmap so you won’t get lost in the woods
• choose the right POV for your short story or novel and develop your unique narrative style
• discover how to reveal strong characters and build the plot
• get a better understanding of the Aristotelian model and consider variations for your play or screenplay
• practice a number of techniques for engaging dialogue, description, narration
• learn how to do research and how to read other authors’ work
• master the art of editing
The Writers’ Lab will give you all the tools you need to use obstacles to your advantage and go from idea to finished work. You will also get advice on how to build a solid working plan and avoid the usual pitfalls of perfectionism and procrastination.
The Writers’ Lab is for any writer who wants to develop their craft in a dynamic, interactive and fun environment. Limited spaces available.
(Sunday) 6, 13, 27 February 2022
12:00 – 14:00 (spaces available)
(Tuesday) 1, 8, 15, 22 February 2022
18.30 - 20.30 (spaces available)
Union Central Building, 84 Kingsland Rd
For queries or bookings, please email me at