I'm a playwright and theatre-maker. Sometimes I write other stuff too (film scripts, children's books and, more recently, narrative video games) or I get involved in other people's projects as a writer / dramaturg. Some of my poems / short stories / plays have appeared in print. I worked for several years as a journalist and theatre critic. I'm Greek but I write in English. I studied philosophy at the universities of Crete and York (a little bit in the UoE too). I did an MPhil in Playwriting at Birmingham University and a PhD at Roehampton University, London. I'm based in the UK but I travel. Happily, my writing travels too.
My staged plays include:
• Lucas and Time (2016-2017) world premiere in Osnabrück Stadttheater in Germany, directed by Felicitas Braun. // The UK premiere took place in March 2017 at George Cadbury Hall in Birmingham, directed by Adam Ledger. // It was shortlisted in the prestigious Palmarès des Journées de Lyon des Auteurs de Théâtre 2016. // It was selected for the Forum of Contemporary Dramaturgy of the Hellenic Centre of the International Theatre Institute (ITI) and presented as rehearsed reading at the French Institute of Athens and at the National Theatre of Northern Greece in May – June 2014.
• I Could Sleep In Your Arms (2015) winner of the "Script Space Competition 2014 ", presented as staged reading at the Tobacco Factory Theatre Bristol, directed by Nik Partridge.
• Town with Wooden Shutters (2014) , directed by myself at Michael Cacoyannis Foundation Theatre, Athens. // It was selected for the Athens System 2014 (a showcase of best theatre and dance productions of 2014 ).
• Solspeil (2014) commission & residency, International Performance Festival Cardiff - Chapter Arts Centre.
• Minor Planets (2014) a showcase of the first part of the play, directed by myself at the Chelsea Theatre.
• Juliet's Balcony (2011-2013) directed by Jens Peters at Poetry Place, RADA, BikeShed Theatre in Exeter and Conway Hall, London. // Directed by myself at Vryssaki Theatre, Athens, Lithografion Theatre, Patras and presented at IETM Athens 2013 .
• Thinking of you (2012) directed by Jens Peters at Edinburgh Fringe Festival, Ignite Festival Exeter and RADA Festival, Gielgud Theatre.
• Knock-Knock (2011 -2012) Directed by Jens Peters at Poetry Place, RADA, Jermyn Theatre, BBC.// Directed by K. A. Alatsis at Theatre 104, Athens. // Published in BARE FICTION magazine, Issue 2 (April 2014).
• Red in the Forest (2011-2012) directed by Melina Theocharidou, and The enigma of Emilie, directed by Ant Stones, as double bill at the Poetry Place, London. // Directed by K. A. Alatsis at Theatre 104, Athens.
• The Exiled Beauty (2011), directed by myself, Poetry Place, London
• Quango 193 (2011) site-specific work developed for the Universal Citizens Theatre Company, London, directed by Kate McGregor
• Leaves (2011), first part of it showcased at Lab Event, Roehampton, directed by myself.
• Wolves (2010) directed by Ant Stones at the Theatre 503, London . // Rehearsed reading at Traverse Theatre, Edinburgh in 2009..
• Enemy (2010) directed by Chris O' Connell at the ShopFrontTheatre, Coventry.
• Odds and Clocks (2010), written as a thesis play at Birmingham University, showcased at the university's studio theatre under the direction of Naomi Cooke.
• Long Siesta Lost (2007), shortlisted at the Verity Bargate Awards, Soho Theatre.